Thursday 12 December 2013

Lush Grease Lightning



'Strikes the Spot with Lightning precision'

I have been wanting to try this since my skin decided to hate me and I read many good things about it!
I couldn't actually find this in my local store so had to buy online and pay the delivery charge (the pain) lol.

It is £5.95 for a 45g bottle and I have a feeling this is going to last me ages because one or two pumps is enough.

What I like about this is that it is all natural ingredients and  Lush state that it 'attacks the spot without taking it out on the rest of your skin'.  Most products used for spots dry the spot out and so usually the skin surrounding it also dries and nobody likes dry skin!


  • 'Aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturise.
  • Seawater for its antiseptic properties.  
  • Grape juice to cool and calm the skin. 
  • Thyme, rosemary and tea tree herb infusions to be gently antibacterial.
  • Witch hazel, an astringent that is great for bruising and helps broken blood vessels shrink and contract.
  • Tea Tree oil, a powerful antiseptic.'
On the Lush website it tells you also how this product came about. After they took part in the BBC Apprentice they decided to offer the managers of their Lush shops to invent their own products and this won!

So what do I think of this? I think its very easy to use and is a clear gel that dries when on the face, it feels like a face mask when they dry but just on a small part of your face lol.  I think it does help to reduce the spot but it hasn't made mine completely disappear but I wasnt expecting it to do that in the first place.  I think this is a great product if you do just get the odd breakout here and there but I find sometimes though that once the gel has dried on my face you can see it and your face looks like it is peeling! This also doesn't affect any other part of my face, big bonus!

Lush you never cease to amaze me! :)

Emma
x

No comments:

Post a Comment